Home AOMEI Products Support

PE Builder Does Not Work

I just purchased the Backup program and down loaded the PE builder. It appeared to be installing on flash drive, but at the end my antiviral software stopped it as possible ransomware because it was attempting to modify my MBR. I cannot tell if this was to be the MBR on the flash drive or (hopefully not) the MBR on my C drive. I let the antiviral software block it, not knowing what was going on.  Very disappointed. What is going on here? Is this dangerous software?

Comments

• Please allow the operation to modify MBR.
  • Please answer my question: will this operation modify the MBR on my C drive (i.e. the hard drive on the computer to be backed up) ?
  • Please answer my question: will this operation modify the MBR on my C drive (i.e. the hard drive on the computer to be backed up) ?
  • (I'm just a user; we license Aomei at work.)  If you don't trust PE Builder, try creating an iso and then putting the iso on a flash drive with some other software.  I do this not for trust reasons, but because I make flash drives that can boot multiple tools.
  • It will not modify the MBR on C drive.