Home AOMEI Products Support

Real-time Sync slowing computer & other questions

I have set up a real-time sync for the first time. I started it late last night and it successfully synced my main Windows 10 C:\Users\xxx folder, however when using my computer this morning it has become so slow that it is unusable. I do not see any general discussion of this so I assume there must be a problem.  My computer is a Windows 10, i-7-4790 cpu, 16 GB RAM, with plenty of room on both the drive being copied from and the external hard drive target. 

Question: Once you have set up a file sync job, can you edit the folders to be synced and have it work properly? I know you can enter edits on the advanced/edit sync screen but will this actually work? 

Question:  What is the purpose of the schedule task box in the context of a real-time sync on the backup management screen

Question: I am wondering if it is possible (and advisable) to have two types of backup enabled at once. Most of my files do not require real-time syncing - a daily backup at the end of the day would be fine. But for a few of my documents folders, the real-time sync would be a great advantage. Is it possible to do this?
Tagged:

Comments

• 1. Yes.
    2. You can change the schedule settings.
    3. Not possible.
  • Just for the record in case others are browsing for a similar solution, I found that changing the folders to a smaller subset of the main data folders (Documents, Pictures, Music)  in my user folder rather than attempting to back up the entire user folder via real-time sync significantly sped up my computer to the point of making it at least usable, although there is still a bit of lag. 

In the context of real-time sync, it appears that the check box next to "schedule task" will toggle the sync off and on.