Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Pro on new computer

I am getting a new computer and want to get all my programs etc. from the old one to the new one.  I plan to do a clone or system restore (that's another question for later) onto an external hd and then transfer it to the new computer.  Can I install AOMEI Pro on both computers?  I haven't downloaded the Pro yet because I'm not sure where to put it.  Thanks for any help.  Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I could not find any reference to this question.

Comments

• You would put Aomei on the old PC, make an image to the external drive. Create a bootable USB drive and boot from it on the new PC and restore the image to the new PC.
    Now, with all that being said, you can't copy programs that way to a new PC. They have to be installed. You can make an image of the C drive and OS and restore that to a new drive and you can also restore data files.
    Which brings up the question, what are you going to do with the old PC and where are you getting the new PC? I'm asking because you can just remove your OS drive from the old PC and put it in the new one if you aren't going to use the old one and if you are building the new one. If this is not your situation please explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do.