Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Backupper Pro System Backup Jobs Disappearing

Backupper Pro 4.6.2 on Windows 10 Home

I have created System Backup jobs and scheduled them to run either daily or weekly. These work fine for a few days / weeks then the Jobs just disappear. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a common occurrence that could be triggering the deletions. This problem has been going on for quite a while now.

Has anyone out there come across this problem before and got any suggestions as to what I can try to get around this problem?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• You can import configuration created by AOMEI Backupper.
  • @Admin: Importing a configuration file may bring back the backup jobs but I doubt it will protect you from repeated loss of the backup jobs.

I have the same problem.

My OS is Win10 and Backupper version is 4.6.2. The target is an external usb drive.

By accident I found that occasionally a blue screen appears and after a short time Windows10 restarts. That happens when a scheduled backup starts (not always but often). So if you leave your pc unattended you will not notice it as Windows10 boots automatically. All you will see is that there is no backup file on your harddisk and the backup jobs have disappeared.

Aomei knows the problem ( I sent a report on December 31st, still version 4.6.1) but so far it seems that there is no solution.

Also, if the backup job starts and the blue screen does not show up, the backup often is not finished. It ends with error 4103 (Failed to Write).

For me unattended scheduled backups are not possible.

Has anybody been more successful?

Please share your results!

mha

• My backup jobs started disappearing with 4.6.1. I know I can import or export them but that is not a suitable solution. I've also contacted support and their answer was the same as @admin
  • Se você aceitar esta dica, faça o seguinte, tenha o "FreeFilesync" instalado e crie uma tarefa em tempo real para a pasta "AomeiBR".
    Eu também tenho um backup de minhas tarefas do Windows "Task Scheduler" para garantia, embora eu não tenha nenhuma tarefa do Aomei.
  • edited February 2019
    Backupper Pro 4.6.2 on Windows 10 Prof

Same Problem for me.
    All Backup-Jobs gone on two machines.
    Backups themselve are still there, but no warning about the stopped scheduled backup-process for nearly a week.
    Just found this issue by chance.

As AOMEI-backupper had this issue some versions before and offered an update then, I think they do have the same problem (again and again). Many people (like me, too) had this problem, so I think, we will not be alone for a long time.

I regard AOMEI as easy to configure (compared for instance to Macrium) but as a backup-solution it is too buggy by far. I do really worry about the money I spent on this software. There have been a LOT of problems in the past two years.
  • Backups themselves are still there, but no warning about the stopped scheduled backup-process for nearly a week.

Have you checked AOEMI's logs? Any mention of errors there?
  • Nothing in the Logs
  • There maybe clues in the Windows Event Log.

Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Windows Logs and System.

Then use Filter to look for Backupper
  • I have been experiencing this problem of backup configurations disappearing since v4.6.1 on two Win10 pc's. There seems to never be any indication of a problem in OS event logs or Aomei backup logs when backup completes succesfully
  • Backupper Pro 4.6.2 on Windows 10 Pro, vs. 1809

A backup job was scheduled to start at 18:45.

The bluescreen showed up saying "Stillstandcode: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and after some seconds the pc restarted. 

The following information is taken from the event viewer:

This was one warning(besides others) at 18:38:
    "Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details."

This warning showed up at 18:47:15:

And at 18:47:18 this critical error informs us that a restart has happened:

At https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/118976-new-1809-update-now-shows-event-viewer.html I found this comment:

"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} has a default value of tiledatamodelsvc.
    tiledatamodelsvc is the Tile Data model server service which is involved in updating the content that is displayed on tiles in Start Menu. ...."

Does all that make sense to anybody?

• mhamha
    edited March 2019
    I forgot to mention that after that bluescreen had happened both backup jobs were gone and Aomei's log folder was empty. Also C:\Windows\Minidump did not contain anything.