Home AOMEI Products Support

server 2008 will not start after restore to dissimilar hardware

We have been trying to move an instance of server 2008 to new hardware...we have followed the steps in the documentation for AOMEI dissimilar hardware restore...seems to go fine...

We crate a system image on the old machine using AB installed on that server...
We then restore that image to the new server hardware using the boot disk created by AB  that includes our dell perc 5 drivers...making sure to tick the box for dissimilar hardware...
Everything seems to go well...it says it finished 100%

However the system will not boot after restore it is stuck it boot loop...windows try's to start but fails and tries again...

We have tried repairing the MBR and reimaging and all the other start up related advice we can find with not luck...

Comments

• I have the same issue,  would love to hear if there is a fix.  This feature is the biggest reason I purchased the software.
  • Just a thought: is the new hardware compatible with the old hardwares partition style? I mean is the old hardware BIOS with MBR disk(s) and the new hardware UEFI with GPT disk(s)? They are not compatible. Must be the same type on old and new hardware.
  • MBR On both...still no resolution...also have issue with doing the offline key...after I generate the key online it does not work to activate offline...still no resolution at all on booting...

• Please delete all partitions on target drive and restore again to see if it will boot.