Home AOMEI Products Support

PE Builder: General Questions

I'm trying to use PE Builder on Windows XP (32-bit) to create a UEFI bootable USB backup, recovery, and rescue environment for a laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit), and I have three questions:

1) Given the above information, do you see any issues?

2) The "Create Bootable Disc" feature of AOMEI Backupper explicitly asks whether to make the WinPE boot based on legacy BIOS or UEFI mode.  Even so, PE Builder does not ask this question.  How do I make WinPE bootable in UEFI mode using PE Builder?

3)  The laptop has specialized hardware requiring additional drivers.  I have been trying to add drivers to WinPE using PE Builder, but I am not having any success.  What platform do the drivers I add need to be for (Windows XP, WIndows 7, or WIndows 10)?  Also, should they be 32-bit or 64-bit drivers?

Thank you very much!
Tagged:

Comments

• 1. No.
    2. The PE supports Legacy and UEFI dual boot.
    3. Did you tick the "Download WinPE Environment" option? Did you choose 32 or 64 bit version?
  • Thank you for your response!

In answer to your questions on on point 3:
    • Yes, I downloaded the WinPE Environment.
    • I'm not sure which I selected (32-bit or 64-bit).  Which should I have selected?
    I look forward to reading your response!

Thanks again...
  • Choose 64 Bits, so both will go up on any computer

• So it will go up in the MBR and UEFI normally
  • Thank you for your responses!

Unfortunately, I'm still not having any success, but at least it's a different type of unsuccessfulness... ?

So, originally when I tried to create a WinPE backup, recovery, and rescue environment on a UEFI bootable USB flash drive, I ran PE Builder on a Windows XP (32-bit).  I downloaded the 64-bit WinPE environment, and attached Windows 7 (64-bit) drivers for:
    the Intel drivers for an nvme SSD drive, and
    the Intel drivers for USB 3.0 support.
    WinPE was built successfully, but when I tried to boot into it, the Win10-like interface came up fine, but I couldn't see my SSD, which is what I'm trying to backup.

So then I used PE Builder on Windows (64-bit), attached the Windows 7 (64-bit) drivers, tried to boot up, but it wouldn't boot.  Instead, I got a geberic error on a light blue background saying that it couldn't boot and that it would restart the laptop itself.

So, no joy...

i think one of my original questions is relevant, but I still don't fel like it's been answered:

Regarding the drivers that I add to WinPE in PE Builder, I know they should be 64-bit drivers, but for what platform?  Windows 7, Windows 10, or something else?

Thanks again!
  • Yes, I can.  Can you answer the question I've asked repeatedly?

Again, regarding the drivers that I add to WinPE in PE Builder, I know they should be 64-bit drivers, but for what platform?  Windows 7, Windows 10, or something else?

Thank you.
  • It depends on the WinPE Environment, if it's Windows 10, the drivers should be Win10 version.
  • Interestingly, the WinPE environment that PE Builder downloads seems to boot, but it can't see my SSD since it doesn't have the drivers.  Whereas, the WinPE environment that I download myself and decompress into place doesn't seem to even boot.