Home AOMEI Products Support

Questions before buying aomei

Ladies and Gentlemen,

for our craft business we need a backup solution for the IT infrastructure.
It runs:
-as server: Windows 10 Pro for Workstation with 2x 1TB SSD in Raid 1 internal (Intel onboard RAID Controller)
-4 Hyper V machines are currently installed on it

A NAS with 2x 2TB Raid 1 disks is available in the network for the backup solution.

Furthermore there are 4 simpler Windows 7 / Windows 10 computers in the network which are only configured for a remote desktop connection (connect to the Hyper V machines).
This security is currently not the first priority, but could be set up at the same time if the offer is favourable.

Which backup solution do I need for the main computer with the Hyper V machines?

How can I back up the external workstations?

I have installed the free trial version and successfully created a complete image including a recovery stick.

Please answer us as soon as possible with a cheap offer, because at the moment a working backup solution is urgently needed to get away from the Windows on-board means.

Comments

• Can you provide more details on how do you want to backup the Hyper V machines?
  • edited November 2018
    To be honest, I don't know what the best solution is.Of course I want to have a image of the complete workstation including all the clients. I did this with the free version and it works.
    But I also want to create images of each Hyper V machine in order to recover these machines seperate.
    And I want to save the user datas and documents of the Hyper V and the workstation on the NAS automaticly.
    So can this be done with AOMEI Backupper Server??

THX

• Hello Admin,
    please can you answer my question?
    If amoei cann´t do this I have to look for other softwsare  :-(

• Hi Vagn,
    sorry for my hurry. I thought aomei is in the US?....
    So do you think for the workstation and the Hyper Vs the aomei server for about 200,-€ is enough?
    As far as i read about it, they delver the same service, except Technician Plus can be instlalled more than one time in the network.
    Thanks an regards from germany.
  • It would supply your need. I quoted the AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus version for covering everything.
    If you have the money to buy AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus, do it without thinking twice! Note that amnhã or after your company can buy another machine or Netbook then it would be possible to install Backupper without problems.
    Another detail is that the program has portability and AOMEI Image Deploy, where it is possible to deploy an image file over the network.
  • so one more question:
    My Hyper Vs are running under a Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. It is not Windows server.
    Can I run the aomei server on this machine in order to save the Hyper Vs as well?

Is there also a test version for the server edition? i can only find such for Backupper free and pro and for the technician versions.
    ... or can I test it with the technician pro and register the code for the server version after buying?

• Can I run the aomei server on this machine in order to save the Hyper Vs as well?
    Yes.

Is there also a test version for the server edition? i can only find such for Backupper free and pro and for the technician versions.
    http://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/adb/ABServerTrial.exe

... or can I test it with the technician pro and register the code for the server version after buying?
    There is no trial version for Technician.
  • Hello Admin,

thx for your aswer and the link.
    I installed it (the server edition) and it runs.
    BUT I cannot find a point to save my V´s seperate.
    Of course the Vs are included in my complete image, but I wanted to save for example only one Hyper V. (from my mainworkstation platform)
    I cannot find a advantege compaered to the AB pro edition.
    ... or do I have to install the backupper on each Hyper V Machine (with only one server licence)

I am a little bit confused ;-)

• Well, cannot backup only one Hyper V. If you install Backupper on each Hyper V Machine, you'll need more licenses.
  • Oh, now I understand.
    In my specific case I do not need a server licence vor the main worstation.
    But a licence for eacn Hyper machine.
    Thanks for the explanation.