Home AOMEI Products Support

Windows Recovery while converting MBR to GPT

Hello

I just installed AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert my System drive from MBR to GPT mode.
So when I startet the the operation, the computer restarted for a few times to start the next step of the operation.
After the 3. restart the following message showed up:
"All settings were reset to default values.
The previous overclock settings have failed, system has been restored to its default settings."
(Over the last year, this message showed up a few times but after restarting the pc again, it always started normally.)
So when this message showed up I restarted the pc. Then the windows recovery screen showed up with the following message:
"Your device needs to be repaired.
The application or operating system couldnt be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
File: \windows\system32\winload.efi
error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have any installation media, contact your PC administrator."

Just for info: I dont want to delete any data of the boot drive.
I bought AOMEI only because it is possible to convert the drive from MBR to GPT without loosing data. I have some important data on this drive, so for me it is not a possibility to format the drive or delete the data on it.

Would it fix the problem if I start the recovery mode or would it be risky to do that because I may loose my data?

Can someone help me in this situation?

Regards Martin

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Did you change your BIOS (UEFI) to boot from UEFI mode or is it in Legacy mode? Appears you had an issue with overclocking and your BIOS was reset to default which may have set it to legacy mode. That's only a guess.
    If you power off and on 3 times, you should boot into the Advanced Recovery Mode. click advanced options, trouble shoot, advanced options. There you should see startup repair. Try that. If those things didn't work, post back and maybe the Admin can help. I know they've posted a repair disk link but I'm not sure how to use it.

• Well, maybe you could try our repair disk if needed:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1HyPJEMTrNNzBkaFo2TDRCZ00
  • First of all, thank you for the answers!
    @Flyer Yes it was in Legacy mode. I changed it to UEFI mode, but it didnt help. I also tried the startup repair, but this doesnt work aswell.
    @admin I created a bootable usb and ran it on the pc. When I started the reparation, the message "repair successfull" showed up, but after restarting the pc, it still didnt fix the problem.

What I recognized is that when I go to the advanced startup settings and open the CMD window (see the picture below), the second line is different to what I saw in an article about repairing the 0xc000000e error code. Normally I think it should show something like X:\windows\system32>.
    Might this be a factor for my problem?

Regards Martin
  • Please try other recovery tools to see if it works.
  • I put the SSD into another PC to backup all the data on the disk and then I formatted it and reinstalled Windows with an usb drive. I had to reinstall all programms but now everything works fine.