Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant huge log file size

edited December 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I am in the process of moving partition for an external hard drive using the AOMEI Partition Assistant standard edition. After one day of process, a warning popped up and it is about the c drive being full. I find that the log file name "ampa35.log" located inside the log folder of AOMEI Partition Assistant is taking up a lot of space, it has taken 30GB of space and that's what make my hard drive full. The process of moving the partition stopped as well possibly due to lack of space in c drive.

I removed some files in my c drive but the log file keeps getting bigger and bigger and it will eventually fill up the hard drive. Please help and I need a solution for this case, I don't wanna risk cancelling the process and ended up losing all my data in my external drive. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• It is very strange " I find that the log file name "ampa35.log" located inside the log folder of AOMEI Partition Assistant is taking up a lot of space, it has taken 30GB of space" Please check the size and send us the screenshot to confirm the problem. Waiting for your reply.

• Can I suppress the log or change the log folder?

I am experiencing the same problem.

The file ampa1.log took 30GB and my C drive became full, so I cannot continue processing.

The file contains the similar messages repeated.

DiskIO.h(81): Failed to SetFilePointer.
    DiskIO.h(93): Failed to SetSectorPos in ReadSector.
    [87      ]cpysector.cpp(157): ReadSector Bad cluster, Start sector: -1619683488, count: 1
    DiskIO.h(81): Failed to SetFilePointer.
    DiskIO.h(93): Failed to SetSectorPos in ReadSector.
    [87      ]cpysector.cpp(157): ReadSector Bad cluster, Start sector: -1619683487, count: 1

• hi @cozy , can you try alternative utility (HDtune)to check your disk if it has bad sectors

• So there is no way limiting the log file, I understand.

I do not want to spend time on this anymore.

Thank you.

• I am having the same problem. I tried to clone a 4TB HDD into an 8TB HDD, data disk, no OS or anything. My first attemp failed overnight without any error. But I noticed my main SSD went from 360 GB used to 850 GB. The problem was the log file. I'm running a 2nd attemp (already 8 hrs on it) and the current log file is at 54Gb and growing.  What is the problem? Why does a log file goes that large? 

• @furano Can you upload a screenshot of the log files?

• imageThis is last night when I posted.

• imageThis is today, so after 17 hrs (it get's slower to a crowl) the log file grew from 55Gb to 62Gb while only the progress went from 1.15Tb to 1.79 Tb. At this rate, I will get another huge file once (and IF) the software reach the 3.6 TB clone.

• Correction. I did not refresh the explorer view of the log file. the actual size is 317Gb not 62Gb as I stated before. 

• Aomei has another program for cloning: Aomei Backupper Free. Did you try that one?

• I didn't. Thanks for the info.  I use this one because since I'm doing this in windows and the disk is Linux,  I needed the GPT option.  If this fails,  I'll try your suggestion.

• @furano Is it able to open the log file? Can you show us the Properties of it?

• Sorry, no. The file filled up my main HDD, it worked for 30 min more and shut down losing all progress. I started receiving warnings about the OS disk full, then flickering screen and finally system shut down. I did try to open the file before erasing it but there was no software able to open due the size, I tried, word, notepad wordpad, Chrome, IE. I'm trying a different software now, I'm afraid your backupper would do the same and I already wasted a week trying to clone. I love your partition assistant, but it fail me this time for a large disk.  

• @furano Thank you for the information.

• Same as him this thing is eating up my C drive to 0 with AOMEI log files. I'm doing partion copies of drives that are NOT C

• @SysRog Can you show me the file size of log files?

• I just noticed the C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 6.6 folder taking 30GB of space

the log file was 30GB

deleted it to get space back. fix it
  • Maybe there's an endless loop, it would be helpful if anyone can show me some contents of the log files.
  • I'm having he same problem.  I'm backing up a 2tb drive (sector by sector clone) to a 6tb drive.   I'm doing this as a backup before trying to recover data from the drive (Intel RST Raid 1 failure + complications). 

It has been over 48 hours at this point, the process is only 57% complete, and the log file is about 30gb.  It has now taken all available space on the OS drive.

So that the process can complete, can I delete the log file while the cloning process in running? 

• I have just had the same problem.  I was cloning a 4TB USB HD to a 8TB HD as the smaller disc was running out of space.  After 36 hours the computer became totally unresponsive, and couldn't even wake up it's own monitor.  I had to reboot, which aborted the copy process - I assume it had already stopped anyway.  The log file had completely filled the 256GB SSD Windows 10 disc, and the system had given up.  This disk previously had 190GB free, as it has again following deletion of the log file.