Home AOMEI Products Support

Questions about the clone disk function of aomei beckupper standard

I would like to ask questions about the copy function of aomei backupper.
I have a problem that has been affecting me for some time. I would like to clone the local disk c with all its files on another ssd device to replace it. my question is if I clone my operating system and files from a hdd to a ssd I will have problems with the windows license? aomei backupper disables windows from the old disk to migrate the license? or is this an advanced feature of the pro version and then I will I have to do it manually? In any case, I risk compromising my license in any way?
 thank you all for the answers..

sorry for any spelling errors, but I'm Italian and I'm 16 and I don't speak to these levels very often.

Comments

• Windows: If it is a digital license, it will be activated automatically. Now if it is another type of license you have to activate manually.

Aomei Backuper: It may be necessary to reactivate
  • thanks you Vagn_32 , I have a digital license, but if the pc tried to activate windows but my old partition was still active? or at every access the digital license disables windows on old devices?
  • edited September 2018
    Cloning your C disk to a new disk shouldn't change any activation for any product if the old drive is removed and replaced with the clone. This is done all the time with people going from an HHD to an SSD or to a larger drive. In most cases the SSD manufacturer will provide free cloning software to migrate your old drive to the new. Or you can use Aomei.
  • Licenses are bound to the motherboard, not to the harddrive or SSD