Home AOMEI Products Support

Disk Space Management Fail

I purchased the professional version specifically for the disk space management feature – which is not working. I am backing up to a USB attached harddrive with roughly 8 times the capacity of the data being backed up. When the drive is full, the back up fails with the comment: “Information Code:4138 There is not enough space on the disk.”

Disk space management is enabled with a full backup after 10 differential versions . The machine is running windows 10 with all updates.

What should I do?

Comments

• So you are using the Differential Backup Scheme and retain 10 versions? How many backup versions are there in the target folder?
  • I am using the space management scheme. The backup drive currently contains 36 backups. 5 are full. The rest are differential
  • edited August 2018
    This is only an FYI. I know it won't help either of you but I am using the Pro version and have it set to differential backups keeping the last 7 versions. Every Weds at 200am, a Full backup is done. At 200am every other night a differential backup is done. When there are total of 7 backups, the next backup (the following Weds) is a full backup and the first differential is deleted. Every night at 200am, the next diff backup is created and the next diff backup under the full is deleted... and so on. After the 2nd full backup and 6 more diffs are created, the first full backup is deleted. Since it is working for me and has been for quite a while, I can only assume something in your setup isn't right. Without seeing exactly what you've checked as you create the backup, I can't say what needs to be changed. The two important pages in setting this up are in the Schedule page and Backup Scheme page. Play around with those two pages and see if you can find some combination that might work for you.
    Again, I know this isn't an answer, but I'm just thinking something may not be setup right or a box not checked. Sometimes it's easy to overlook something. Some of Aomei's directions aren't the best, but they have been updating their help section and I can see it's getting better.  Good Luck.
  • Thanks Flyer. Yes the settings are tricky and I have tried many of them. I only do full backups, not incremental or differential. It would be easy to write a simple batch file to delete older full backup files, but there appears to be a bug in the backup scheme module that will not allow older full backups to be deleted via the program. Would be great if the developers could fix this bug.
  • I've gone over my setup numerous times and can't find any flaws. Moreover, when the harddrive filled the first time, it worked and deleted the older backups. Since then, its failed.
  • Please create a new task to see if it works.
  • Flyer 

Is space management backup? If so, you can go through inbox to switch here with mine.
    This backup works for 2 days and now if it is manually to continue.
  • The task xml says