Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

boot-able usb to copy bad hd to ext hd

Greetings all...new here with a question or two; 1)...WIN XP, dell desktop, 1tb sata hd, plenty of ram, 3.2ghz processor. 2)...Lost or deleted single and only partition on 1 tb hd. 3)...I want to attempt to pull data (recover data or restore single partition) but, want to back up the drive to a 4tb ext hd. before I attempt it. 5)....Yes, i know XP has a 2tb limit which leads to the next question - Will this program back up to that EMPTY DRIVE and use whatever space it needs? 6)...I need to know if this program can be downloaded to a flash drive and bootable? 7)...My desire is to place boot-able usb into computer, have it recognize defective drive and ext hd, be able to copy defective to ext hard drive. Thanks for any assistance!

Comments

• oops!...I should have specified the AOMEI Backupper freeware version!...Sorry.

• I'm sorry but what's the point of backing up an empty drive?
  • Greetings- 01-17-2k24 It has been a while.....Starting "fresh" here; 1)...I have a laptop with Win 10 on it, 64bit.... 2)...I made a full CLONE of the hard drive last month with no issues... 3)...I need to wipe the SSHD completely out.. 4)...Can-should I use "A" to over-write the internal drive (laptop) as there are multiple partitions? 5)..."IF" the drive were already wiped or, a brand new drive, would not "A" have to be on that drive from the start to access the computer and ext hard drive?
  • edited January 17
    Thank you Lizard, your original post was an issue in 2018. It is now 2024 and you have a new issue. Please create a new post in the forum, and we can help you there.
  • edited January 17
    ok.................thanks.
  • edited January 26
    Aomei Admin, please remove the scam post above, by user Vivejat, thank you.