Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition recovery wizard won't let me select partition to recover

I am using the Professional edition. I am using the software from a bootable usb since the partition that i am trying to recover from a laptop does not have any OS now. After a full scan using the Wizard, i could see 13 partitions, out of which 2 are Ext4 file system and rest are NFTS. After looked at the files under the explore options, i decided to do a recovery of that specific partition (1(OS)) but the check box for that is not checkable, i see a message 'The selected partition overlaps with existing partitions, please re-select'. How do i proceed? In looking at previous tech support responses, they suggest using other tools to fix it for this type of issue. Anyone could post their recommendations and steps to proceed furthere? Thanks. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Try shrinking adjacent partition slightly.

• SIW2, Thanks. Can that be done from the wizard or command line? Can you share the steps if you have done it before?

• Resize Partition option by clicking right at partitions is greyed out

• Please try deleting all partitions on that disk and retry the operation.

• Sorry to ask a stupid question. Does deleting all partitions wipes out everything on the disk?

• Because you have more than 4 primary partition in your disk try change one or more of them into logical.. Just don't change c or system drive... that's it... I know it's a old post but I am putting this post for people who got here seeking for answer.. Had this problem solved it and here it is.