Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Kudos and Feature Requests

First of all I'd like to commend you on your product. I've been doing a bakeoff between several free and opensource products as part of a smallbiz solution.So far yours has the lead!

I've tested the recovery in a virtual environment as a precursor to deployment and the recovery of a 2008 R2 Domain Controller from a disk image went off without a hitch. Using your Linux boot disk combined with a disk image was simple and quick and painless when recovering to the same hardware. Your competitors didn't come close

On the short list and probably an easier "would like to have feature", is the ability to do native file backup without delivery as an image file. Functionality similar to SynchBack or should it be legal maybe a plugin to adapt to that product? The primary purpose here would be to extend the backup to a full GFS chronology with individual native file restore.

FTP Upload?

Finally, I'm going to second another author's request on seeing the capability to inject differtial hardware drivers into an image during recovery, at the very least disk controller, board hal and Nic. That would make this product sing. If we could easily get the system to boot and recognize a dvd, share or USB to perform the remaining loads...that would be good enough.

Your on the right path...keep it up and many thanks

Comments

• edited October 2013

Hello digitalnomadil,

Welcome to AOEMI Forum!

Thanks for your continue support and for the confidence that you haveplaced in us. We have added the features youmentioned in our plan, we will gradually upgrade this program, please keep tuned in the updates of our products. 

If you have any other questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know, so that we can make this program better. 

Best regards 

Neige 

AOMEI Tech Support Team 

• Hello All,
    I thought I'd follow-up my last post with and epilogue. So I originally ran your product in a bake-off between 3 others and chose your product. I installed it and automated backups on a 2008 R2 Domain Controller. Fast forward 3 months...The server hard drive crashes, the customer toasted the local controller ...and the box is a gonner. 4 hours later after replacing the controller, drives and building a WinPE disk. The box was up and running servicing 40 users..

Kudos once again AOMEI team
  • Thanks for sharing your experience. It our pleasure that our software can help you. We will keep making efforts to improving this program. Please keep tuned in the updates of our products.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team