Home AOMEI Products Support

Is it possible to create Win PE bootable for 32bit system within x64 environment?

Hi Guys!

I’m using Backupper 4.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I want to restore another Windows 7 system which is 32bit. System was corrupted and became unbootable.

I do have few images of that system, but I was silly enough not creating bootable PE when 32bit system was alive.

Another thing is that I was sure it is possible to do in win x64 environment since in the past I came across of this page

https://www.aomeitech.com/pebuilder/help/

where in #3 it says “Yet, you can choose the other version according to your own needs...” (32 or 64 radio-buttons).

Surprisingly I was not presented with mentioned choices.

So sure I cannot boot x86 system from created USB.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Tagged:

Comments

• Try to create the Linux CD. It is 32 bits and should work on the old Win7 PC.
  • Thanks JohnnyboyGo
    I'll try. I should've done that but I wasn't sure whether it includes  Backupper itself that can be run in order to restore from image.
    Cheers!
  • Hi JohnnyboyGo,

It worked with Linux USB.

One thing to mention though:

Media with the image(s) (in my case - USB HD) should be connected before booting up.

If it’s connected later the drive will not be seen/mounted.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

• Have you tried to "reload" drives connected after the DVD has booted, by clicking on the 2 round arrows in the top of the screen next to menu.