Home AOMEI Products Support

Problems to explore image at SSD

We have Windows Server 2016 and Aomei Server Edition 4.1.0

We made Differential Backup of all our drives.

I can Mount all drives from Backup. But i can not explore the Backup Data from our SSD RAID.

Standard HD Data is working.

If I want to explore the drive by use of Windows Explorer:  I can Error message:

You must Format the fixed disk, bevore you can use it.

Any ideas?

Greetings Thorsten

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Is the mounted SSD image properly visible in Disk management?
  • You mean the Windows Disk Management? No SSd is mounted through AOMEI as M: but no M: in Disk Management. If i Mount the HD Partition Backup (Standard HD, no SSD) is mounted as N: but also N: is not in Windows Disk Management. But with Explorer i can explore the files.

• I am also interested in a fix for this. I have a regular external HDD that I get the same format message. I have backups of Win 7 and Win XP that work fine when exploring them. Only the Win 10 backups give me the "You must format" message. The backup will restore just fine. So it's not corrupted. Will be watching this thread for a fix.
  • You'll have to restore the backup.
  • "You'll have to restore the backup."

Yes this is the only Chance. But not comfortable. If you only want to Restore one file from CAD, because only this file has an error, you spent much time to restore this file only....

• "You'll have to restore the backup."

Really? Wow. I guess it's time to find another program to use. Restoring the entire backup just to explore it is just unacceptable.
  • @ram1220

yes it is not acceptable. I hope there is a work around, because

we have the pay Version - Server - Version of aomei. Just bought a few weeks ago.