Home AOMEI Products Support

​incremental backup

edited March 2018 in AOMEI Products Support

I installed aomei to backup the C disk and then repeat it every day. but this takes up a lot of space, can you set a backup number and then the PC starts again?

thancks best regards 

Comments

• Why do a complete backup every day? Why not set the schedule to do Differential Backups (DBs) instead of full backups? I know your header says you are using Incremental Backups (IBs) but you have to keep every single one of these. Deleting any will break the links and if you are doing one every day you are going to end up with 365 IBs per year every year. With DBs you can delete all DBs except the last one because there is no link to break. Also why every day? Surely once per week should be enough unless you require ultra security?

• If you want to do set the number of backups you want to keep you have to have the PRO version. There you can also set a schedule using full, differential or incremental so you won't use as much space.

• Thanks for the attention.

lose experience from the past I would be sure not to lose data, this is the reason for every day.

so I recommend a differential backup that still gives the possibility to recover all the data, right?

however I seem to have understood a maximum number of backups and then get back a new restart must go to the pro version.

thank you best regards

grazie per l'attenzione.

perdere esperienza dal passato vorrei essere sicuro di non perdere dati, questo il motivo di ogni giorno.

quindi mi consiglio un backup differenziale che comunque dia la possibilità di recuperare tutti i dati, giusto?

comunque mi sembra di aver capito un numero massimo impostabile di backup per poi riavere una nuova ripartenza bisogna passare alla versione pro.

grazie, saluti