Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 - useless and broken with bug

I found the following:
- Image created under RS3 does not work on computer with RS3
- Image created under RS2 does not work on computer with RS3
- Image created under RS2 work on computrer with RS2

AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 is not supported for Windows 10 Redstone 3!

1. When user add apps into UserTools folder, they all can not be launched! Only text documents have ability for opening, but execution is forbidden!
2. When user launch the integrated browser and hit some url address, there is no internet connection!
3. I think the missing progress bar for copy/paste is related to the same problem.

So, why you did not warn the users on your website to prevent this solid trouble?
AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 is not valid program for all the computers with installed Win10 RS3!

Comments

• You mean cannot boot computer with RS3?

• It can boot, but the contain inside does not work! All additional programs added by user are not able to launch. When user is trying to run executable EXE file, than nothing happen. It wasn't like that in previous Windows 10 RS2. People now use Windows 10 RS3. All integrated programs work. But additional programs added by user does not work. Seems something like permission issue. Or malfunction.

• 1. When user add apps into UserTools folder, they all can not be
    launched! Only text documents have ability for opening, but execution is
    forbidden!
    --Can you tell me what additional programs did you add?
    2. When user launch the integrated browser and hit some url address, there is no internet connection!
    --Maybe the PE lacks of network card driver, you could try to add it.
    3. I think the missing progress bar for copy/paste is related to the same problem.
    --We will try to improve it.

• edited January 2018

"Can you tell me what additional programs did you add?"

Any executable. No matter. Try PowerTool for example: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/ithurricane-PowerTool.shtml

Or FastStone Capture by adding empty file Portable.db - http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

I am 100% sure that this app had ability for launch in previous version.

"Maybe the PE lacks of network card driver, you could try to add it."

When i start build in browser it does not load website, it show immediately that there is no Network Connection.

• I checked old image and all is the same, it not work, except one thing!
    I have one app which work on RS2 and does not work on RS3 with report of driver error under RS3. When load PE and run this app, the error is pop-up with error specific for RS3.
    In conclusion - PE have serious problem and you should check this yourself!

• Thank you for the information, we will test it.

• Still not working.  It may work in 32 bit mode.  Seeing it would not work in 64 bit mode, I made a 32 bit PE Builder to try. It did try to run the.exe file but gave me an error message I was trying to install a 64 bit program.  That's understandable, but the only programs I need to have access to are 64 bit programs.  I guess I should have tried a 32 bit .exe, but since it would do me no good anyway, I didn't bother.

So, if possible, could you fix the 64 bit version of PE Builder to work with User Tools.

Thanks.