Main Threads:AOMEI Backupper Network Beta Test
  • Welcome to AOMEI Backupper Network Beta test post! Here, you can give your feedbacks and disguss on designred features, user interface (UI), interaction, ambiguous or inaccurate expressions etc. even unimportant, obvious, or "crazy" ideas of AOMEI Backupper Network Beta. 

This post is most designed for our beta testers to disscuss their thoughts. To get our reward, you still have to send a an email with your feedbacks to our support team at [email protected] if you haven't yet. We will record your feedbacks and send you AOMEI Backupper Professional or AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional at your choice. 

And, when the beta test is over right after the finial version release (in January or February of 2018), we will reward testers whose feedbacks adopted by us within one work week with 2-year subscription of AOMEI Backupper Network Premium and Server product. 

• please integrate such a solution http://tmeter.ru/en/ into the products.

http://tmeter.ru/en/manual/shaper.htm

its very simple, i limit the traffic to a special ip adress (the NAS or the directory where the backups are stored)

even with this freeware you can reduce the networktraffic for example to 80 percent of the possible speed of the networkadapter. i use it at the moment for backupper to limit the speed of 100Mb adapters to a max of 80percent, so that other applications can work without problems, and the backup still runs in the backround.

• One most important feature is deduplication. i.e. when a file exists on multiple computers (like system files do) it is stored only once on the NAS and not 10 times if there are 10 computers.

• @kiadmin Thanks for your suggestion. We have recorded it. 

@SelfMan  Thanks for your suggestion. We have recorded it. 

• Software is working very well! Got it running on several computers.

If there was a way for it to communicate with other computers on different subnets that would be good. Example:

IP range 192.168.10.1-255 (AOMEI network software installed on this subnet)

talk to 192.168.20.1-255

That would be great!

• How do you control backup on the server computer. 

• Hello!
    And where can I get a link to the version of the Backupper Network for Windowsserver 2008R2 client?
    I really want to test this product, but I need a version for servers.
    Thank you!

• Hi!

Would it be possible to explore or open a backup image by directly executing or opening the image within the directory where it is located?  You also need to include the "Enable large window mode" in the AOMEI BackUpper Network Edition.  

• How about a restore feature from the central control.

• In the task section, Can you make renaming the jobs easier,  Even if just the PC name would be next to the task, I have to sort through the jobs to be sure I pick the correct PC to backup.

Thanks

谢谢

• Hey all,

Just wanted to give you two thumbs up on the network beta software. My needs might align with other advanced home users. 2Xdesktops, 5Xlaptops, and 1Xmedia player all backuping up to a NAS.

I work as a sys admin so the last thing I want to do IS screw around endlessly with my network at home. Just plug it in, turn it on, and forget about it. Maybe it was just luck, but backupper seems to just seems to work on all my various machines without endless tweaking.

The network interface looks promising. The most needed feature for my use case is the ability to detect network usage. The laptops all backup over wifi as a result backup fails if there is too much other traffic on the network. It would be nice to be able to postpone or throttle a given backup job it the wifi router is saturtated.

limiting parrallel job via the newtork interface is a good first step.

Previous123
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!