Home AOMEI Products Support

64 bit Windows 10 task scheduler incorectly reports backup was successful when it actually failed

edited November 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

I'm running Backupper Pro on a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro maching and using Windows task scheduler rather than the AOMEI service since I need to have the machine wake from sleep mode if necessary to run the backup.  As the title says, the AOMEI log file showed the task errored with code 33, but yet Windows 10 task scheduler history indicated it was successful.  I'm not sure if Backupper showed anything when it encountered the error because I was accessing the machine remotely and was unable to communicate with it.  I'm not sure if the error caused the machine to not be accessible, possibly because of a popup window flagging the error.

Also, it would be helpful to have a list of all of the error codes and a description of each for reference.  I haven't been able to locate such a listing.

Comments

• Did you see the error code in Utilities-->View Logs?

• Yes, it appears there, but I found it via Home>Advanced>Properties>Versions>Backup Type>View Logs under the heading "Execution result".

• Can you upload a screenshot where Windows 10 task scheduler history indicated the backup was successful?

• A screenshot is attached, but note that in the top half of the next and last run parameters have been overwritten by the subsequent backup that I ran when I noticed the failure.  When the task failed, the last run parameter was 11/19/2017, the next run parameter was 11/26/2017, and the Last Run Result was "The operation completed successfully.(0x0)".  It should have indicated that the task failed.

As I recall, this is not the first time that I had noticed this type of behaviour in Windows scheduler for a failed backup.

imageAOMEI backup failure.jpg

• We will analyse the problem, thanks for your feedback.