Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper Standard Failed to enable the backup service.

When the backup is started, the program writes: - "AOMEI Backupper Standard Failed to enable the backup service, please try again or reinstall the software and try again." Reinstalling on helps. What to do, please help.

Comments

• Can you show me the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper?

• V 4.0.6.0 / Same Issue when perfoming backup to NAS / using portable version (binaries from our technician plus actived/licenced product).  Backup to local USB disk is okay. (seems to be a "network credential" issue). Still trying... Any Idea ?

• I just found this now : use 'run as' feature (with a user with right network credential) then it works. Maybe it will help you too.
  • I am getting same error during disk backup:

Tech Plus version installed on one computer (4.0.6). 

Computer I am trying to backup Server 2008R2 Core. 

Both servers on same subnet, using same administrator password. (not in domain)

From Core edition I map drive to the server where app installed and start backup (backupper.exe).

After few seconds I get same error as original poster.

Same error when backing up to local Drive.

I dont think runas will change anything because Destination is local or mapped drive.

My understanding of "portable" feature is that I can copy installed app (or map the drive) and run it.

Any advice?

• found fix. 

I ran abservice --install prior to backupper.exe and backup started.

• Tried the same from full version of OS.

Same Error, my fix that worked on COre edition did not work.

When I ran abservice -install - > server installed but not started.  Attempt to start manually resulted in error.  Had to install ful version to perform backup.