Home AOMEI Products Support

Restoring system image via USB 3.0 port not working (usb 2.0 does)

Hi all,

Equipment:

1x PCI Express 4 Port USB 3.0 PCIe Controller Card (with SATA Power) [product link] [latest dirver v4.90a].

1x 16GB USB 3.0 Sandisk Extreme Pen drive containing the windows 7 system image backup file.

1x 4GB USB 2.0 Generic Pen Drive containing Windows PE bootdisk with VIA drivers loaded sucessfully:

I've been testing a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 image that I created recently after a clean install.

The bootdisk loads without issues and no errors. It doesn't clarify if the VIA USB 3.0 drivers have been loaded though.

At step 2 of the system restore, when clicking on path to select the system image file; if my Sandisk Extreme 16GB pen drive is in one of the USB 3.0 ports on the PCIe card, it will not appear in my computer.

However, when connected to a USB 2.0 port via the motherboard; it appears and I can restore the image fine.

Please help me to get this working on my USB 3.0 ports as the time it would take to restore would be greatly reduced.

Also, the system image is being written to an SSD drive (AHCI is set in my bios). I have the Asus P6T motherboard if you need to know this.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Please try to create the iso on a Windows 10 computer to see if it works.

• I don't have access to Windows 10. If i provide the driver files for my pcie card, could you do for me? Thanks.

• Can you use the 2.0 ports temporarily? We will try to improve this.

• Sure. Like i said above, works fine in usb 2.0 ports. Is this because the usb 3.0 ports being on a PCIe card and not directly on the motherboard?

• If you face such problem then take a screen shot using best snipping tool and send it to support team. They will solve the issue.