Home AOMEI Products Support

HELP !!! Cant mount ADI file

So I made a backup from a partition. The result is an ADI file from +/- 100 Gig. When I made the backup I used the option to check the integrity and everything was ok. Now I need to extract some files from that backup on another computer that also has AOMEI Backupper installed. I added the ADi file to the dashboard and selected the optiod Explore. So it mounted the backup as drive M:. However when I select that drive in Win10 Explorer I get the following pop-up:

M:\ is not accessible. The device is not ready

I need access to the ADI file, since the source PC where the dos were originally stored is now in repair. This is why I created the bac-up before I sent it out for repair.

How can I resolve this pls ???

thanks

Comments

• edited August 2017

Maybe it is Explorer causing the problem. Try another method of accessing M:

Download an alternative explorer like Q-dir.exe or try accessing M: through the command prompt. Or try accessing M: with the "File Open" option of Excel or with Aomei Backup->File Backup->Add file. Anything else but Explorer... This is a known problem when accessing backups on another computer with other rights using Windows Explorer.

• I tried all of the above, via Excel, the command prompt and the AOmei > Add file  it says also "the drive is not ready"

• edited August 2017

Can you try Explore (screenshot is from Check image) on another computer? 

Is the backup on an USB-HDD or on a network share? 

You got the error before you could click Finish? 

Can you reload disks (2 rounded arrows in the right top of Aomei), same error?

• Sorry, it is a bug, you could restore the backup to access the data.