Home AOMEI Products Support

Can one use AOMEI PE Builder to create disk images and do restores without installing Backupper

Basicly, is it possible to create disk images and do restores from a CD and without installing any software?

Comments

• AlphaOne,

In order to create the initial image you'd need some software installed somewhere.  That being said, you can install Aomei Backupper on one computer, create a bootable Windows PE image CD, then boot a computer with it and use it to create your image.  You're better off using an external hard drive or USB thumb drive rather than CD or DVD due to size constraints and speed of reading/writing optical media.

• First, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I should have been more articulate, although I think you might have nevertheless given me the information I was seeking. It seems from your answer I can install only Aomei PE Builder and produce a bootable CD from which I can then create disk images (to an an external hard drive). In particular, I don't have to install backupper either to create the bootable CD, nor produce a backup image.

I'm wary of installing Backupper due to:

1) already having Shadow Protect installed, and

2) reading, I think in Wilders Security, that the uninstall of Backupper leaves behind at least one file that causes serious problems. My question to Aomei about this received a non-responsive answer, and no answer at all when I resubmitted the question.

3) the forums have many posts about PE Builder not working. Not what you want to read about your disaster recovery software.

Reminds me of True Image quality and support, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.