Home AOMEI Products Support

System Backup is including 2 drives

edited January 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I posted this in "General Storage" before I realised there was a "Product Support" category. Sorry for the repost....

I've just started my first system backup. My C drive (1Tb) only has 64Gb in use at present and I have a 1Tb D drive with all my data, pictures, movies etc taking up about 606Gb.The external USB disk drive I'm backing up to has 500Gb.

I expected a System Backup to only include the disk with the Win7 OS on it but  the System Backup defaulted to include C and D drives and didn't seem to allow me the option of C only. Now the backup has started, it tells me it is attempting to backup 561Gb which is more than the drive holds.

Question 1. why are both disks included?

Question 2: can I specify just the C drive somehow?

imageCapture.PNG

Question 3. will the backup fail?

Comments

• They are two physical drives; both have capacity of 1 Tb. I've just replaced the system drive as the previous one crashed. That's why there is a brand new Win7 installation and only 64Gb used of the 1 Tb.

The separate D drive just has my data.

How do I image the C drive by itself so I just have the system backup - presumably only 64Gb ?

• pauken,

Please post a screenshot of Windows Disk Management. As system backup will only backup the partitions which are necessary for operating system(The partitions should be marked as system or boot). So in your case, it is a little odd, as you said that your D: drive is just a data drive.