Home AOMEI Products Support

Can't convert MBR to GPT

Hello..

I need help for converting MBR to GPT .. 

I want to convert MBR to GPT but notification said "After convert a system disk , your OS will no longer boot , so any system disk does not support to be converted between GPT and MBR disk" 

[OK](unclickable)         [Cancel] [Help] 

then how do i convert my disk ?

pls help

Comments

• Hello,

Welcome to our forum. We are sorry the current version doesn't support converting system disk. As you may know that GPT system and MBR system are totally different in boot mode. So converting the style of a system disk alone cannot guarantee it will be bootable. 

We suppose you may have no need to convert the disk. Could you please tell us what is your true demand, so that we can analyze and give you an efficent solution based on your situation.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• I have the same problem. I don't need my OS more, I need to convert disk, how can I do it?

• Hello neuse,

As for your query, the free version is ok for you. You could connect this disk to another computer as slave drive and then use our software to do the convesion or create AOMEI Partition Assistant bootable disc and then boot from the disc to do the conversion. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team