Home AOMEI Products Support

Disk Read Error when trying to load boot disc

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I've tried making the bootdisk on different usb sticks, different machines, nothing has worked. I get a disc read error everytime I try and select the boot disc (USB) as the thing to boot. The only thing that works is when I use the linux instead of Windows PE option to make the bootdisc. The linux version doesn't seem to allow me to backup. The only options that aren't greyed out are the clone and restore sections. I need to be able to backup to an image file from the boot disc. 

I can make a CD using Backupper that will boot Windows PE but when I try to make a backup it always says there's an error or it simply restarts the computer. This is really frustrating as I cannot seem to backup my computers from the boot disc which is what I need to be able to do. Any ideas how to fix this USB issue?

Comments

• I've tried it on Windows XP Pro SP3. When I did it on my Windows 7 machine it didn't work because of the error of not having a 64bit processor (my old computer has 32 bit while my win 7 machine has 64bit.            

• Milob,

Have you tried creating a bootable CD/DVD on your XP SP3 system?  That may help.

• Yeah I said I tried it on the XP SP3 system in the post previous to this one. So far I've found no combination of tinkering that can make this software work for me after 2 days at work of working with it.       

• Milob, I apologize for the lateness of the response.  Is this issue still plaguing you, or did you find a workable solution yet?