Home AOMEI Products Support

Error Code 33

Just installed this on a Windows Server 2019 that I admin remotely. When I run the system backup using the Aomei backup service constantly getting Error code 33 for failed/bad sectors. Running the backup service using VSS, no errors. The backups are set to go to a synology NAS. I see there are a TON of support topics concerning this but to this date still hasn't been rectified. I can not run a backup via PE as I am remote. If this can't get rectified then I will have to demand a refund for my client.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Hello RMcGirr83, it sounds like you are using Aomei Backupper on Windows Server 2019. I don't have experience with Windows Server, but from the Backupper manual, it says Error 33 is reported when it detects bad sectors on your disk. Have you tried to check your disk for bad sectors since you saw this error? This is some information to manage bad sectors.
    After you consider checking your disk for bad sectors, you could also consider an alternate software. Here is a link to Clonezilla, which can be used over a network, and has a mode that ignores bad sectors.
    Clonezilla - non-GUI cloning
    https://clonezilla.org/downloads.php
    If the source disk has Bad Sectors, use Expert Mode > "-rescue" option to continue cloning all readable sectors

• @RMcGirr83, "Running the backup service using VSS, no errors."---You can continue to use Vss Service for the backup.
    And, could you also send the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check the problem further?
  • edited March 2023
    This is ridiculous. If your going to sell a product that supports Windows server backups, then it should do what you claim it to do. I ran chkdsk /f/r on the server and yet I still get error code 33. I've attached 

"And, could you also send the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check the problem further?"

I've read this response on so many of these types of posts that you're starting to sound like Intuit support. The file is attached but I highly doubt if anything will come from it. 

What a complete waste of time and effort.

• Because when I edited the original post to attach the file and received "Unknown colum 'Active' in 'field list'" I now have to make a new post.  Y'all aren't all about efficiency it would seem.
  • "Failed to read sectors. It may be because the backup source has a bad sector or the backup source is missing."

What a complete load of absolute CRAP!!
  • edited March 2023
    When I edited the original post to attach the file and received "Unknown colum 'Active' in 'field list'"
    That error happens when I edit too. If I just reload page, it goes away, and the edits always go through, within the 1 hour limit of course.
  • That's weak no forum software that I know of does that (phpBB or XenForo) unless it's set that way by the admin of the forum. Another "let's make it more difficult for the end user" than is necessary and yes I'm very upset I spent this much time on the POS software and forum. Refund has been requested as I have wasted enough time on this.
  • @RMcGirr83, Could you allow us to offer a remote check for the problem?
  • If what you're asking is for me to give you access to a production server, the answer is absolutely, unequivocally, emphatically NO!

If that is what you're asking, I'm a bit taken back by your request honestly.

You can close this thread, the money has been refunded to my client and we have gone with a different server backup solution.

One gets exactly what one pays for. Cheapest isn't always the best answer.
  • I constantly getting Error code 33 for failed/bad sectors (Backuper Pro v7.2) in Windows11 . When i shift for Msft. vss or AOMEI Copier the error persist.
  • @Luizernesto. Could you try to close all other running programs (especially antivirus software), and then do the backup again?