Home AOMEI Products Support

Intermittently My 3TB HDD Is Not Recognized

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

All online discussion of the issues I am having,  I think point to failure of my 3 TB HDD .  Windows 8.1 (64) is installed on that drive.  The other 750GB drive installed on the same machine has Windows 7 Home Premium (64).   However, occasionally (it is an intermittent phenomena) when I mess around with adjusting BIOS settings I am presented with the Dual Boot option  where, when I select Windows 8.1, it will boot and will  display the few files that I managed to install.  (Other files that were on it are now are archived on the 750 GB HDD).

I fuigured AOMEI PA would be just the thing to resolve this issues but The 3TB HDD does not even show up.  Any advise as to how to get the thing  back up and running? I bought a new 3TB HDD but am peroplexed that maybe the old one is not really bad.  

Comments

• Cpkoch,

Can you provide more detail?  When the 3 TB drive isn't showing up in PA, is is accessible to Windows?  From the description it seems as though this occurs when you are booted from the Windows 7 installation on the other hard drive.  If I understand properly this is also after making BIOS settings changes.  Can you list in full what changes you're making when it works and when it does not?  Also, when it boots from the Windows 7 drive, can you access the 3 TB drive or can you only access it when you boot from it?