Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper = loss of data!

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper = loss of data!

Not recommended a backup compressed into a single file.
if the file becomes corrupted(example:damaged image), you can not recover the data.
Even if use the very good data recovery programs are not fully recover data and files of original names.

Files that are separately on the hard disk have a much higher probability to recover fully. I tested!

[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/gxBhJLrPCM-mufi1-O8ORA/36818/368177492/Bez tytu?u====.png

[/IMG]

Comments

• edited December 2014

Você testou a imagem antes? Tentou recuperar essa imagem via cd de boot?

• edited December 2014

I just gave example:
    A wise man does not create a backup as a single file. Recovery of data from this file in case of damage, overwrite, it is almost impossible.

Is performed were advanced and in-depth testing to damage the image, and the possibility of its recoverable?

• Maki,

There are numerous types of backups, and they don't all serve the same purpose.  Disk images are usually meant for and used as a way of backing up/restoring entire partitions or drives.  These types of backups tend to be monolithic given their purpose.  They can be broken into segments or stored as single files.

Another popular backup type is to create compressed files that contain other files.  This can be done with popular utilities such as Win Zip, Win Rar, etc. or through dedicated backup software such as Aomei Backupper.  These backups will be all the files in a folder such as My Documents for instance.  This is more akin to the style of backup you are looking for.  Aomei Backupper supports making backups of individual folders so you can have many small backups on a media such as an external hard drive, a USB thumb drive, etc.

• edited December 2014

4000 GB backup and file now filze size only 1 KB.
    How to recover data?

[img]

http://109.imagebam.com/download/oWOL4VvZyosidL3jl4AAKQ/36846/368458593/Bez tytu?u=========.png

[/img]

• Maki,

Was the file that size to start with or did you lose data on the backup medium? 

• It looks like your file may be damaged Maki, but there is also the possibility that the Windows security descripter is not being recognised. Are you trying to restore this to the same computer and with the same user logged on?

What does Windows Explorer show as the file size?

Have you run chkdsk /r on both the source and destination drive?

While the image was being made were there any power glitches or the PC put itself into sleep mode?

• My drive is 100% healthy. I created a new backup, which overwrite (replacement) of the old, existing backup. Overwrite data = not possible recover