Pre/Post command backupper does not work
edited January 4 in AOMEI Products Support
Backupper fails to backup my data for 3 reasons::
- Backup to a remote NAS does not work, if the NAS is not online (yet), it wont even start the pre-command.
- Another program is using the HDD, so I get error 33 during backups, so that service needs to be closed before backup starts.
- My desktop is going to hybernate/sleep during backup, and needs to be up until backup is finished.
To solve these points, I have 1 pre-command and 1 post-command batch file.The batch-files do their job if I double click them from within Windows 10,
They do also work (succeeded) if I add them as pre/post command within Backupper and push the "TEST" button. See the attached picture.
But they don't even start when a scheduled task is supposed to run, or if I push the button "backup by schedule"/run icon at the task. Then I simply get an SMS from AOMEI: "backup failed, greetings!".
Not only starting the pre-/post command batch-files is an issue so it seems, but the backup also fails if the target (my NAS) is not online yet (sure, the pre-command didn't even run yet).
So how can these problems be solved?
1. "Backup to a remote NAS does not work, if the NAS is not online (yet), it wont even start the pre-command."----When the backup starts, it will first initialize the task to check source and destination. After initializing, it will perform the pre-command, then start backup process. So, it will first check the target NAS is valid, and then call the pre-command.
2. What program is using the HDD? We will test is further.
3. "My desktop is going to hybernate/sleep during backup, and needs to be up until backup is finished."---You can enable "Wake the computer to run scheduled tasks" under schedule settings.
Generally, when the backup process is running, it will prevent the computer hibernating/sleeping. Are you using a laptop? Could you take a screenshot of the Power Settings on your computer? Did you enable “power save mode”？