Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Error: Selected Destination Partition is too Small

I had made system backup, abd Aomei Bakupper easily resored my system i-e Partition "C" and System Reserved.

I had 30gb "C Drive/Partition", i disabled system protection/System restore of windows to decrease the size of System image by AOMEI Backupper and made image that worked.My C drive Partion was 30gb and files size was approx. 10gb to 12gb and system image by backupper was 4.36gb.

Now, my all partion lost, i repartitioned my pc, approximate same partition, my c drive is now 30gb, but AOMEI Backupper refuses to restore the system again with that system image, it gives error:

Selected Destination Partition is too Small, 30.13gb space needed,

why i am receiving this error.

Comments

• edited November 2013

Hello Siraj,

We are so sorry for the delayed response. Since the information of original partition has changed, then the program will recalculate the size of destination for restoring the image. And it may need some more space to complete the restoration. Could you please extend the destination partition and then retry restoration.

Best Regards

AOMEI Support Team

• Hello,

I have this
    exact same problem and it has been very frustrating. I wanted to restore
    my system backup to another hard disk with almost exact size!
    The
    partition was just 2 MB smaller and it was not possible to restore.
    There was 120GIG free space! so it's crazy that you be prevented to
    restore when you have required space but little partition size difference. For me this is more of a bug!?

Now even more strange is when I choose to do a system restore but I choose "restore system to other location" even if I choose the original partition
    (where
    normally if i do not choose other location it will restore correctly)
    it will not accept to restore and it says: The selected destination
    partition is
    too small!!!

I love this software
    and enjoy using it. But I have to find a replacement because I'm not
    sure that I will be able to restore everytime on the same partition
    or exact same size!
  • Hi, I return to add some feedback as it takes VERY long for an answer! I'm looking for a solution to restore a windows 8 image to another hard disk of exact same size!

But I still get : Selected Destination Partition is too Small,

Aparently you can simply use system restore if you are restoring to same HDD!?

So I was wondering if there is another way? Mount the image and then clone it?

(Both little system reserved and main partition) will it work this way?

As I said earlier the system restore dose not even work on original HDD "If you choose restore system to another location" (if you choose yourself destination )

Could it be possible that once you create your backup, AOMEI cause it to grow a little biger then the original!?

• edited November 2013

Hello birdy,

We are so sorry for all the inconvenience and the delayed response. I did not explain well in my last response. If you encountered such an error while the original partition position has been changed or you restore to another location, we suggest you try deleting the destination partition to make it as unallocatd space and then retry restorstration. If there is still some problem, could you please send us the log file of AOMEI Bacupper to [email protected], we will do our best to solve it.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Tech Support Team

• Hello,

I realize that new version is out and wanted to ask if the problem mentioned here is fixed?

• I just created a partition backup of my C drive (size 206.80 GB) to a 1TB USB drive. It created a new partition of the same size, leaving me the rest of the drive as unallocated space. I created a simple volume on the unallocated space for other file storage. I then wanted to try and make a new partition backup of drive C to the same partition it created earlier. Both the source and target partitions were exactly the same size, nothing changed...but I also got this error.

imageBackupper.png

• It is a clone. Partition backup usually means an image. What did you use to create the extra storage partition?

• Hello,

As for this error, please take a look at this thread: http://www.disk-partition.com/forum/discussion/325/backupper-standard-2-0-restore-problem

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team