Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.0

So I need to expand the reserve partition on an older Windows 10 computer (Intel motherboard with eufi) that was previously upgraded from Windows 7 so the reserve is a bit too small.  I followed the instructions as suggested and get to the point of rebooting into PE mode, but instead it just reboots into windows and does not change the partitions. I have this operation it twice and when I hit "apply" the same thing occurs.  I was able to successfully perform this same operation it on a newer HP Laptop and it worked fine (booted into PE mode, etc.) so I know I'm doing this correctly. I simply cannot get AOMEI to expand the partition on the Intel desktop.

Comments

• @Rhplace, If you expand the reserve partition, it will change the start sector of the C: drive, it might cause the system can't boot.
  • edited December 2022
    Step 1) Before changing this partition, please backup your essential files onto an external USB stick, in case something goes wrong, always have a backup.

Step 2) If you want to manage partitions on your internal disk, you could create an Aomei WinPE USB, reboot PC to USB stick, then perform the partition management there. If you use Aomei WinPE USB, it will not ask you to restart. Only 1 caveat to this suggestion, is your internal disk a normal SATA disk, or a newer NVMe disk? If it is a normal SATA disk, I recommend using the more powerful Aomei WinPE Builder 2.0. However if it is a newer NVMe disk, I recommend the Aomei Partition Assistant WinPE, although it is less powerful, it can detect and manage NVMe. In some cases, you may have to add the NVMe drivers manually during the Aomei Partition Assistant WinPE USB creation process.

Of course, keep your backup USB stick from step 1 separate from the USB stick in step 2. You will need 2 USB sticks total.

Step 3) Please reply and let us know how you solved this. Thank you.