Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned disk sector-by-sector, got "a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed"

I have an SSD (Legacy boot I think) with dual Ubuntu and Windows 7. I want to clone the disk exactly.

I did the cloning on a second machine, connecting both drives via SATA-USD cable. The cloning disk is identical make and size to the original 

I did:

"All tools"
"Disk Clone Wizard"
"Sector by sector"
Chose Source and Dest
Apply

AOMEI reported the clone was successful.

I plugged the cloned disk in to the machine which previously had the original disk (i.e. same hardware), Grub came up and all OSes were detected. Everything seemed fine. However, after I selected Windows 7, I then got:

"a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed"

Given the hardware was identical and the disk should be identical, I am not sure what is wrong.

I think I got the same problem 6 months ago when I tried this.

Comments

• @Clone77, Sorry that our software currently can't clone Grub boot.
    And, generally, for system disk, we suggest that you connect it to the original computer to boot and do the clone.
  • This error could be caused by a slightly different Partition Table MBR/GPT, in the destination disk, than what the OS was expecting.

For Disk Clone method with exact / sector-by-sector setting, I recommend using Partition Assistant, because only it will copy the Partition Table MBR/GPT; Backupper does not copy that, even with sector setting.