Home AOMEI Products Support

Multiple versions of the same disk appear on Windows explorer. How to fix?

I used the AOMEI restore function to take look at an older disk backup. Let's say that the original disk was named "Storage (E:)", a disk which has been backed up several times. Using the Restore function, to allow me to look through an older backup of the disk. This process created a "Storage (F:)" disk location on my Windows explorer. 
It's a neat function and I could check if there were any files I needed in the old backup, but how do I get rid of the duplicate (F:) disk location, as the F: is an older backup version. I'm not much of a computer wizard so excuse me if I haven't explained my problem well. Cheers, Thrandur  

Comments

• Thrandur, Did you use "Explore Image" feature to explore the backup to the virtual partitions? If yes, please try to directly shut down your computer and then restart it. The virtual partitions will be removed.
  • Thrandur, please attach a screenshot of your disks.
    If you want to view a backup file, you can use the Explore Image feature. After you are finished viewing your backup, you may unmount the image by again clicking Explore Image > detatch.