Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup runs on 1st of month

I have scheduled my backups to run weekly every monday. But on every 1st day of the month an extra backup is triggered even if it not a monday. Why is this?

I am using Backupper Professional 6.9.2.

Comments

• @Chrisp, Please check if you check "run the missing backup after starting the computer next time" under schedule settings. And, please check if the previous schedule wasn't performed because the computer didn't start.
  • As you can see in the log, on 26.09. the backup ran as scheduled in the night (monday). And then after computer start on 1.10. (saturday):

• @Chrisp, could you offer the whole log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we can check the problem further?
  • Can I send the log directory privately?
  • @Chrisp, You can send the log folder and the problem to [email protected] again.
  • And, as usual. First Day of the month backup is triggered. AND computer then shuts down while I was working. Its not monday night as scheduled. I think I will uninstall and change to a different product.
  • @Chrisp, Please check if you check "run the missing backup after starting the computer next time" under schedule settings. 
    Could you offer the log folder so that we check and analyze the problem further?
  • Though I am not the OP I do have the same problem on 2 PCs in my household.

#1 runs his backup each Wednesday at 14:30, #2 Sundays at 9:00. Once in a while both PCs run the backup on the 1st of the month. Both did it on October 1st, iirc not in September. 
    2.zip 43.8K
    1.zip 101.9K
  • Thank you Djambo, I understand you need some help. We need more information from you, could you please reply with the answers to:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    6) Version of Windows, 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    7) Please post a screenshot.
    Thank you.

• Hi there,
    this is what i was able to gather.

#1:
    1) UEFI (according to Windows System Information), I think nonCSM
    2) Laptop Acer Aspire E1-772, BIOS from 10/2013
    3) 1 TB HDD
    4) GPT
    5) Pro
    6) Windows 10 Home 22H2

#1:
    1) UEFI (according to Windows System Information), I think nonCSM
    2) Laptop HP 255 G8, BIOS from 7/2021
    3) 512 GB NVMe
    4) GPT
    5) Pro
    6) Windows 10 Home 22H2

All backups, in addition to a third PC who has no such problems, are being saved on the fly on an external HDD attached to a Raspberry PI serving as a NAS.
    1.png 725.1K
    2.png 988.6K
  • @Djambo, Did your country use daylight saving time before? We suspect that this issue is related to the end of daylight saving time. Please check if backups will be performed again on the 1st of November and December?
  • Will do. Germany has its DST lasting from End of March until End of October.
  • Today was backup day for Laptop #1. And while it was doing its thing I looked through the log.

Year 2020: 01.05., 01.07., 01.12.
    Year 2021: 01.03., 01.05., 01.10., 01.12.
    Year 2022: 01.03., 01.05., 01.07., 01.10.
    Year 2023: 01.03., 01.05., 01.07., 01.10.
  • @Djambo, Did you mean that it performs the duplicated backup on these dates?
  • edited October 2023
    I wouldn't call it duplicate, more like unwanted. IIRC this Laptop had its backup always running on Wednesdays.
  • And today I checked the log on Laptop #2.

Unwanted backups ran on 01.03.2023 and again 01.10.. No instances prior to 2023.