Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Notification Preferences

In this forum, on the top right is the gear button - Account Options.  In Edit Profile, Notification Preferences:

A lot of these notifications do not make sense or are ambiguous.

What is the difference between "Notify me when people write on my wall" compared to "Notify me when people comment on my discussions.?

Also, is the Email box ticked by default when a person first joins this forum with "Notify me when people comment on my discussions"?  The same with "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."?

These should be ticked by default.  If they are not, then many posters will not know of answers because they will not get them by e-mail.  This happened to me.

Comments

• @Bill_C, Sorry for the inconvenience. We have submitted these problems to our technician. He will optimize these problems (including your previous suggestions) after.
  • When I look at the drop down menu for the gear button all I see are: View Profile, Edit Profile, Mark All Viewed, Mark Category Viewed, Sign out.  I do not see a menu item Account Options.

I'm asking because I keep getting emails telling me that a discussion has been flagged and I want these emails to stop.  I can't figure out how to make this happen.  Any help will be appreciated.
  • @Descartes, Could you take a screenshot of the email content so that we check?
  • edited August 2023
    After a year, it looks like they (Aomei forum technicians) have changed where things are. They have removed the Account link and I notice other changes now. Try Gear, Edit Profile, Notification Preferences. Un-tick all Email and all Popup then Save Preferences and see if that helps.

There is also your account name, Discussions and a bookmark star. I'm not sure what on or off would do?
  • Here's the screenshot

• @Descartes, "I'm asking because I keep getting emails telling me that a discussion has been flagged"---Could you take the screenshot of the emails?
  • I can look to see if I still have any of these emails (they are all deleted) but you're missing the point of my post. I have no way to turn off any notifications. I'm no longer using your software and I don't want to be notified when there's a posting that has nothing to do with me.
  • Here's a screen shot of the email I got on August 18.  It's for a discussion I had nothing to do with.  I then went and tried to turn off notifications, found this discussion and posted that I couldn't find a way to alter my account.
  • @Descartes, We have closed the notification for your account. Generally, you can click "Edit Profile", and then click "Edit Preferences" to modify notifications.