Home AOMEI Products Support

Creation of Partition Assistant Portable not working

I successfully created a portable USB version of PA but when I open it, I get an error stating I need to install PA on the computer to run (which I've already done it and it works just fine). I've tried reformatting the USB (Fat32 and NTFS) and that didn't help. I've tried the installation on different USB drives and still get same error message. Not sure what else to try. Any help appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Perseus, Did you use AOMEI Partition Assistant Unlimited or Tech edition to create the portable USB version? Could you send us the log folder on the portable USB version?
  • How does one send the log folder? Is there a special way to upload it?
  • @Perseus, please contact [email protected] to send the log folder.
  • I have a similar problem.. Trying to create a portable copy from within Partition Assistant Unlimited
    It took a few attempts to create a Portable version which worked  - v 9.12 didn't work (kept getting the message that I need to install Partition Assistant to use it??), but after upgrading my installed version to the latest (v9.15) and trying a couple more  times, the portable version worked.

Then I tried copying this working portable version folder to another USB Stick, and when I try and use it from there I am once again greeted with the message that I must install Partition Assistant!!

This doesn't seem very portable to me! 

How can I get a truly portable functioning version for my USB sticks?
  • @WilbChris, "Then I tried copying this working portable version folder to another USB Stick"-----You can't directly copy the portable version folder to another USB to use. Please try to directly create the portable version folder to another USB via AOMEI Partition Assistant.