Home AOMEI Products Support

windows 7 PE disk error

I cant find anything similar in your forum.
I ran your partition assistant utility to get my windows 7 partition size shrunk.

It went through the process and it loaded its windows PE and we were on our way..
a way through the operation, a message appeared to say that a hard disk read error was en counted, and sorry they cannot continue.
This destroyed my windows disk and the ntfs was in a bad state.
Following various information I found all over the web, I did a chkdsk, sfc and a dism and have managed to get a system
together that tries to boot but does not succeed.
Ifinds the windows boot etc, I see the logo but then the screen goes blank, then black and the occational disk io happens forever ??!!
Can you please  supply any tools and or information that may help me.
I am trying to recover without a re-installation and losing all apps !.
Many Thanks
Leo Murray

Comments

• @Luigi003, Could you try to create a WinPE bootable USB on another working computer, and then boot the computer from WinPE to check disk? Please also take a screenshot of disks list so that we check.
  • Thanks for the response.  I have enclosed 2 pics of the screen. A chkdsk fixed something the first ti,e I did it, but succeeds every time after that..  Notice I found the hidden folder "Aomei" and I renamed those 2 files in case that was hindering the boot, but no difference.  BTW I get no user interface on the laptop. It seems something is running as the wifi light comes on showing enablement within windows ????  I assume). Also no errors, just that it shows the win 7 logo then after a blank screen it just cycles with a disk light flash every second or so.
    Many thanks
  • @Luigi003, What tool did you use to create WinPE? Could you take a screenshot of disk management?
  • I had this problem a few time were the MountedDevices in the registry were mixed up.  While booting, It just showed the Windows logo and would hang.  But this was not caused by Aomei.

If you have not got your machine back up and running, I would do a System Restore back to the shrunk partition and see if that works.  To shrink or resize a disk without doing a "system backup" first is suicidal.