Home AOMEI Products Support

how to use Aomei

hey fellas I'm trying to revive my desk top,a Dell  from a  'bluescreen'. I loaded a thumb drive with the AOMEI recovery tool, into the  'dead' Dell PC and now have the  AOMEI opening page ( window. ) Can anyone advise me where to find any instruction  as to
WHERE TO GO TO FROM HERE.   ( i was hoping the programme would show the way )  Thank you in anticipation,  John P.

Comments

• @Midpeak, Are you using AOMEI Partition Assistant? Do you want to use it to fix the system boot? You can try to use "Rebuild MBR". But, it only can fix the boot problem that caused by MBR is damaged.
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/7CtsquiCJqs9P4sb9  This is the opening window when i booted the  'blue screen pc' with the thumb drive i had loaded (downloaded the AOMEI recovery tool ) from the AOMEI website.  
    It appears to be exactly what I had loaded from the  AOMEI website.
    So I assume that this is the purpose of the upload, I now have the tool sitting in the 'dead' computer '  all set to fix it.
    So I rephrase my enquiry  and ask   WHERE TO FROM HERE.  
    Thank you for your patience  towards "one  with little  knowledge"
  • furthur to my recent comment......I am hoping that this recovery tool will open the  Windows O/S, then I can
    (hopefully)  repair it  using the  windows tool  and the DELL tool
  • @Midpeak, It seems that it is the WinPE of AOME Backuppeer. Do you want to open the Command line, then fix system via some commands? It might be complex.
  • yes.       (as mentioned I was hoping for a 'wizard' but not to be) I would've thought that AOMEI
    would have instruction on how to use their  ' Tool ' and is now what I am looking for.  Can you
    provide from your own expertise ?  Yes I would be obliged to you.
    and yes it is for  windows as specfied on their download website, I think the other alternative was  Mac,       regards  John P.
  • What happens when you click the "Restore" button on the left of the screen? This should open a dialogue that lets you select your system image that I assume you made on a portable USB connected drive before your computer crashed.
  • no I don't have that, no back up at all
  • If you don't have a backup image stored somewhere, and your computer has crashed completely then I'm afraid no recovery tool can restore your computer to how it was before it crashed.
    It's possible of course that your blue screen on bootup is due to some fairly simple failure in the boot routine and, as AOMEI Admin stated, you can indeed try to rebuild the Master Boot Record (MBR). I think this can be accessed via the "Tools" button but perhaps Admin can confirm this?
    The other alternative is to use the recovery disks that came with your computer, or the windows installation disk to completely re-install a fresh version of Windows. This won't of course restore any files that you created before the crash, but you will get a working computer.
    For the future, I would earnestly advise you to make a back up image of your computer on a portable hard disk. Then you can use this, the AOMEI boot thumb drive and the "Restore" option, to completely restore the computer to exactly how it was before the crash.
  • @Chrisj, Thank you so much. This is our answer too.
    @Midpeak, Maybe you can use to use our AOMEI Partition Assitant to create a WinPE bootable media, and then rebuild MBR. But, it also only can repair the system problem caused by MBR damage.
  • thank you very much for your advice.  John P.
  • @ Admin " It's possible of course that your blue screen on bootup is due to some fairly simple failure in the boot routine and, as AOMEI Admin stated, you can indeed try to rebuild the Master Boot Record (MBR). I think this can be accessed via the "Tools" button but perhaps Admin can confirm this?"
    you mention the process is complicated, can you 'spell it out' for me.  I will employ a technician if 'above my head' thank you , in anticipation
    John P.
  • @Midpeak, Maybe you can use to use our AOMEI Partition Assitant to create a WinPE bootable media, and then rebuild MBR. But, it also only can repair the system problem caused by MBR damage.
    AOMEI Partition Assistant has the feature.