Home AOMEI Products Support

backupper still not working as advertised

edited November 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I bough tthe full version of AOEMI Backupper 2.0.2 and had high hopes for it.  The first set of issues I had was the inability to restore becasue of the partitions not fitting back onto the disk.  Then it was the inability to restore a UEFI system.

I updated to 2.0.3 and gave it another try.  It still fails.

The "paritions won't fit" error has seemingly been solved but I created a new UEFI Win 8.1 X64 test system, updated Windows and installed AOMEI and created bootable PE media.  I used the media to do a COMPLETE DISK backup to a USB HDD, then wiped the original HDD and restored it from the AOMEI backup.  The restored OS failed to boot.  It gave a "System needs repair" error and Windows refused to fix it.

I had also bough a competitors product and had backed it up using it as well.  I did the same thing, created PE media, backed it up and restored it.  It booted to the OS just fine.

This leads me to the cinclusion that AOEMI simply just NOT work, at least not on a new OS using UEFI boot. The sytsem will back up and act like it is restoring but it will not boot to the OS again. Thisis not what a system backup software is supposed to do.

What are the plans for AOMEI?  Are these issue going to be addressed?  The software is not usable till a user can depend on it to get a fully resotrable system image.

Comments

• I also note that I booted the PE media via MBR mode and not UEFI mode.  I did the smae for the competetors product as well.  It works regardless of boot meathod, AOMEI will not.