Home AOMEI Products Support

SYNC - any type - always re-write every file on destination folder

Hi,
I need to keep multiple folders (total 3TB) identical. For that I have tested multiple Aomei Backupper sync options, all give the same reults: 10 hours sync time.
Source: 5 or 6 folders on a network NAS
Destination: a local USB Disk
I have seen that each time I do a sync (it is not scheduled), my PC copies back 100% of the files from network to my local usb disk, even if they have not been changed.
(i can see the computer task manager writes 100MB/sec and nearly no read operations on local usb disk.)
What am i missing ?
Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• @Huggy719, Generally, when you run the sync for the first time, it will copy all data to the destination. When you run the sync again, it will only copy changed, added data to the destination. 
    So, How did you check that it re-wrote every file? Could you take some screenshots so that we check?
  • edited August 2021
    I can see it into the task manager and R/W activity on my K local drive. See snapshots attached.
    If Aomei backupper is "comparing files", it will read on my K drive and not write for 10 hours at 100 Mo/s ;-).
    And since it does not copy new files, it should take minutes and not hours.
    It is in french in the snapshot:
    vitesse de lecture = reading speed
    vitesse d'écriture = writing speed
  • @Huggy719, Did you sync all files/folders under \\192.168.0.13\DIVX? Are you confirm that there are no any changes on all source folders? 
    As for the speed and time, because it needs to scan and compare all files between source and destination, so it needs to take a long time. And, the speed and time are frequently changing. So, how long did it actually task when you complete the sync?
    In addition, could you check if you can access files from K: drive?
  • Did you sync all files/folders under \\192.168.0.13\DIVX? Are you confirm that there are no any changes on all source folders? --> YES
    So, how long did it actually task when you complete the sync? --> about 10H
    In addition, could you check if you can access files from K: drive?  --> i have access to all files

• @Huggy719, We suggest that you can try to recreate the basic sync task. Please select \\192.168.0.13\DIVX as the source and K:\ as the destination. After that, please run the sync to check again.
  • Ok i try that today
  • edited October 2021
    Ok, now works no as expected with basic sync task.
    Strange, that was already tested before (with basic sync or other sync methods) but no success.
    The only difference is:
    Before: multiple source folders (in same root folder) to one destination (miltiple sub folders)--> problems, rewrites all times
    Now: one source folder (the root one) to one destination (one root folder)--> works as expected

--> to be debugged !

Thanks for help
  • @Huggy719, multiple source folders (in same root folder) to one destination (multiple sub folders)--> problems, rewrites all times---Could you take a screenshot of the task settings (Edit Sync)?
    How did check that it rewrites all times?
  • edited October 2021
    see above the screenshots in zip file attached to the 21st august ;-)
    You can see write operations with the task manager, if it is 100% writing all times, it means writing all times.
    But as said, following your advise, it works ok. Thanks anyway :-)