Home AOMEI Products Support

folder exclusion not working

I have an issue with folder exclusion which has bothered me for months and initially I thought it might be isolated to 'basic sync' so I changed to 'file backup' recently. I have also contacted support via email but they have not been very helpful on this issue. In brief, I add a folder to the backup, then select the filter icon and add the following folder exclusion ::

*Downloads;AppData\Roaming;AppData\Local\Mozilla;AppData\Local\AVAST*;AppData\Local\Temp;AppData\Local\Plex*;AppData\Local\Comms;AppData\Local\Google;AppData\Local\Google;AppData\Local\CrashDumps;AppData\Local\WebEx

None of these folders are excluded from the backup, with the exception of  the 'downloads' folder, these folders are located under the parent folder 'AppData' - does the parent folder need to be named? Any suggestions? TIA

Comments

• The Filter settings can't support the specific path. 
    The File Exclusion Mask specifies the files that you need to exclude. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with semi-colon(*.temp;*.tmp;*.bak;*~*). With this mask, you can configure to exclude according to file extensions, such as .temp, .tmp, .bak and so on. As a result, all files with the same extensions will not be backed up to the destination location.
    For example, you would like to only exclude .temp files in the selected source folders. You can just configure "*.temp" in the mask. (If you would like to include more extensions, please separate the formats with semi-colons).
    The Folder Exclusion Mask specifies the folders that you need to exclude. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with a semi-colon(*temp;temp*).
    With this mask, you can configure to exclude folders with the same name. Therefore, all folders with the same name will not be backed up to the destination location.
    For example, you would like to only exclude folder "A" in the selected source folders. You can just configure "*A" in the mask. (If you would like to include more folder names, please separate the names with semi-colons).