Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup image file is damaged and a list of other problems

I backuped up my disks before cloning one hard drive to another. It says the cloning and backup were a success but now the harddrive I was copying to went from a 600 gb hard drive to a 400mb harddrive. Also a new hard drive that doesn't exist appeared that is a clone of the original harddrive I was trying to copy. When I tried to do the restore it said that the image file either doesn't exist or was damaged. I'm pretty frustrated right now and was wondering if you guys could help me out. 

Comments

• I looked at the backupRecovery.ini file and it looks like for some reason the backuppath was sent to D: drive which is the drive that was being cloned into. So whatever happened to the rest of my D: drive the backup dissapeared with it. Any ideas whats going on tech support people?

• edited October 2014

Hi cambomass,

According to your post, we can know you make a disk backup and a disk clone,right? 

1. "the harddrive I was copying to went from a 600 gb hard drive to a 400mb harddrive. "

What the size of your source disk you copied is? Maybe you can expand the destination drive to its original size by using our Partition Assistant. http://www.disk-partition.com/ 

If you are not able to, please post us a screenshot of Disk Management, so we can know your disk staus.

2. " a new hard drive that doesn't exist appeared that is a clone of the original harddrive I was trying to copy. " 

Sorry that I don't understand, could you please specify? You said that the disk you copied to went from a 600gb drive to a 400mb drive before, why did you say a new drive doesn't exist appeared like the clone of the original drive. Please help clarify.

3. "When I tried to do the restore it said that the image file either doesn't exist or was damaged."

Where did you save the disk backup image? When you perform restore, please make sure that the path(drive letter) you save the image didn't change. If it changed, you can select Advanced--locate image to find the image file.