Home AOMEI Products Support

How to register free edition of Backupper

Hi, Im new to this software. Ive downloaded the free edition when I try to clone a HDD to a ssd it asks me to register but how do I register to get the key to unlock the functionality of the software where about on the website or is it through the software itself? Thanks in advance.
Andy
Tagged:

Comments

• First off, if you are trying to clone a MBR drive to another MBR drive or a GPT drive to a GPT drive the free version should perform the task without any difficulty.  As of obtaining a license for the professional version you purchase a professional license and you will receive the key in your email.  Once you obtain the key you click on the free software and enter the key where it says to register.
  • @AApsley, AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition supports Disk clone and Partition Clone. But, for system disk clone, AOMEI Backupper standard only supports clone from MBR disk to MBR, or GPT disk to GPT. 
    You can click Disk Clone of AOMEI Backupper, then check the disk style under disk list.
    If the source and target disk are different disk style, you can convert the target disk to the same type as the source via Windows Disk Management, and then do the disk clone again.
  • I have downloaded AOMEI Backupper standard edition, and when I set it up to the point where it is ready to start the clone, and I click on the start now button, all I get is the promo message that I can upgrade to pro.  I do not want to pay for the pro version, but every time I click on the start clone button, I get the upgrade promo.  I want to use the software for a one-time clone process, and it will not let me use the free standard edition!  I am 81 years old, and I do not need this software harassment!  Please advise me ASAP.  Thank you  Marc
  • @Marc41141, For system disk clone, AOMEI Backupper standard edition only supports disk clone from MBR disk to MBR disk. For GPT system disk clone, you need to upgrade to the paid edition.