Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup to Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive not working

edited October 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Under "Home" in AOMEI Backupper Standard I have two backups - My Partitions Backup 05/25/2014 and Full PC partitions backup 05/25/2014. No matter which backup I select and start the differential backup with, it starts backing up the data but after a few secs it says error 4101 "failed to create file". So I clicked on 'Properties' on each and they both say "Unable to get the backup information because the image file does not exist, or cannot be accessed, or has been damaged".

Strangely when I put a USB stick in the PC, the differential backup does start but due to the insufficient disk space on the pen drive it obviously wont back up. So first guess would be that there is some kind I/O disk error with my Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive? But then again, if I open the backed up files from last May via Windows Explorer, I am able to access the last backup files from this Desktop Drive. So i guess the issue isnt because of the hardware.

I also cannot select the "device location", i.e. where to backup to from the previous backup im May in Backupper as differential, since it just starts backing up until I get the error when I click on differential backup. 

It all seems very strange, is there something I am missing here or that I didnt understand?

Thanks, Burton

Comments

• Noone able to help??

• Hi burton,

Whether you changed the path which you saved your backups at? 

You may go through these steps:

1. Firstly delete the backup task on the Home page, please note that just delete the backup task not with the backup images. 

2. Select Restore on the left column, browse the path where you saved the backup image.

3. Go back to Home page, you will see the backups.

4. Then you can try perform the differential backup.

And the differential backup file will be saved in the same folder with the full backup file by default.

• Perfect, thank you YoungCheng!