Home AOMEI Products Support

CBackupper Overides Power Plan Settings (Turn off display) and Prevents Screensaver

When using CBackupper 1.1.0.0 Desktop App to backup files on my pc to the AOMEI Cloud, the task:

1.)    Prevents Windows Screensaver from starting.

2.)    Overrides Windows power plan setting “Turn off display” after x mins.

These are two very important features that should not be interfered with by CBackupper. I can certainly understand perhaps why it might want to prevent “Sleep” or “Hibernation”, as that could disrupt the backup process; BUT, why prevent the screensaver from starting, and why disallow the display to turn off, when neither comprises the backup process?

As, an example, CBackupper allows local backup pc files to cloud, up to 1,000GB’s.  That amount of data being backed up can take a considerable amount of time, many hours in fact.

Am I supposed to just leave my display/monitor on the entire time, perhaps multiple hours, with a static screen?  That could cause serious damage to any display/monitor (burn-in); and not to mention a waste of power and resources.

My System:           

OS Name                                        Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version                                           10.0.19042 Build 19042

Processor                                        Intel Core i7-8700

Security                                           Windows Defender

Windows Power Plan                      High performance 

Turn off the display:                    10 minutes

Put the computer to sleep:         Never      

Comments

• I assumed a Windows update did this twice in the recent past on my PC, I have burn on my screen due to both those setting suddenly not working.

Now I manually use a app when I leave or turn screen off.
  • @JsX10 We will optimize the problem after.