Home AOMEI Products Support

I'm trying to create bootable media and getting an error.

The error says to check FAQ, but I don't see any FAQ on this specific issue.  I first checked to see that my computer is in legacy bios mode, selected that option (WINPE)  and to download the WINPE (after having tried the other - way - because I already have it installed...)  Not getting anywhere. 

Comments

• I should mention I'm trying to make a bootable media from a 128 Gig USB stick.  Is there an issue with that for some reason?  
  • Perhaps, can I just use the windows ADK to put the needed files onto my usb stick, and then add AEOMI to it?  

• Bobjohnson  In the “Cannot create a boot disk” thread, vbbrit reported on October 20 that:

“I am assuming that you are using USB flash drives that are 32GB or less in size for your rescue disc and not a external USB hard disc.  Microsoft has set the upper limit to 32GB for bootable USB Flash drives.”

• The USB flash drive should be formatted as MBR and not GPT.  Then when you attempt to boot off of the flash drive choose the option with just the USB media and not the option UEFI: USB Media. 

If all else fails then download Aomei PE Builder 2.0 and use that to create your rescue media.  I have found that PE Builder works when the others fail mainly because it automates the process. 
  • @Bobjohnson, What error did you get when you create bootable media? Could you give us a detailed description? And, you can try to use AOMEI PE Builder to create again: http://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pe/2.0/full/PEBuilder.exe
    @Vbbritt, Thanks for your reply.