Home AOMEI Products Support

secure erase of my SSD under Windows 10

Sorry, automatic translation

Hello

I would like to perform a secure erase of my SSD.

My PC works with Windows 10

AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro 8.10 software answers me:

"This feature can only be used on Windows 7"

Why this software is not up to date to work on Windows 10 and the buyer is not informed

I bought this software only for this function and I don't want to use a computer that is not my own.

Best regards

Michael

Comments

• If Aomei doesn't provide you with a solution you may want to look at Parted Magic.  It is a free program that does Secure Erase.
  • @Sertier, Please try to perform the operation under the WinPE we created. We have sent it to you via private message. Please check.

• edited October 2020
    Merci pour l’information, Vbbritt.

• Administrateur Bonjour

Merci pour vos conseils. Je vais essayer votre méthode

J’ai également testé AOMEI Assistant Partition:

Il est complet, simple, efficace et intuitif.

Merci pour
    ce
    logiciel Meilleurs salutations Michael

• edited October 2020
    Sertier, I'm sorry I don't speak French, but the secure erase feature gave me the same error message about Windows 7.  Did the test WinPE app that was sent to you work on Windows 10?
  • What about the function "Wipe hard drive" in AOMEI Partition Manager?
  • @MrPresident, generally, "Wipe disk" is suitable to wipe HDD or other type disks.
  • I think, these function is of course suitable.
    Regarding the 4 (espacially the last 2) methods you can try to restore.... have fun and time!!
    However, it would be a benefit adding "secure erase" to AOMEI Partition Manager.

• Bonjour Vbbritt
    Je vois vos messages dans Français mais si je répond en Français les mots sont coupés, inversés et incompréhensibles donc je vais essayer en anglais (traduction Google).
    En ce qui concerne votre question, je n’ai pas encore eu le temps de résoudre ce problème.
    Dès que j’aurai un résultat, je vous l’enverrai.
    En espérant que la traduction de mon message est compréhensible
  • @sertier, Thank you. 

• I will try to keep the sentences short to facilitate Google translation. Sorri.

Hello
    In order:
    I downloaded Win7x86.iso.
    I downloaded Rufus.
    I downloaded AOMEY Partition Assistant.
    With Rufus I installed Win7.iso on a 28 GB USB stick.
    I started my PC with this USB stick.
    Without asking anything, AOMEI Partition Assistant opened.
    I plugged the SSD I want to clean into a USB socket.
    I noticed:
    Under Windows 7 I don't have a task bar or any icon. Windows 7 is therefore out of control
    On AOMEY Partition Assistant, the SSD I want to clean does not appear.
    So I am stuck.
    Also if I delete Aomei Partition Assistant, Windows 7 will reset and the PC will restart under Windows 10

Merci pour vos conseils
    Michel

• @Sertier, Sorry that the SSD Secure Erase only can erase the SSD connected via SATA. It can't read the SSD connected via USB port.
  • @Admin,  Thanks, I'll look for another way.