Home AOMEI Products Support

Scheduled Backup Problems

I've installed Aomei Backupper on both my desktop pc's.  Both are Version 2.0.2.  Both are Windows 8.1 x64. Scheduled Backup is putting an entry in the Task Scheduler Library on one pc and all is well.  However, on the other pc Scheduled Backup will not work no matter what I do.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting Scheduled Backup, etc. but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Please make sure that Task Scheduler Service in your computer is enabled. To enable Scheduler Task Service, you may first double-click Services from Administrative Tools in Windows, then in the Name column, right-click Task Scheduler, and click Start.

• One more query relating to scheduled backups (I am trying out backupper server 2.0.2):

When we start the server every morning - to me it appears that the scheduled backups run as expected - if we have logged into the server after boot-up atleast once - BUT if in case we just let the server boot-up and start working from our PCs and do not log-into the server during the day - then backupper misses the scheduled backups which otherwise were due till the time of first login into the server - meaning probably backupper wants us to log-in to the server atleast once for it to start working on its own - is it so? please confirm.

Also advise if in case we wish to avoid this mandatory first login into the server after booting-up for backupper to start working on its own.

I am currently NOT using task scheduler service - thanks in advance.

• You need to lonin to make schedule backup run successfull currently.Once we solve the isuue,I will inform you immediately.

• Hi administrator,

we are soon nearing end of our 30-day trial for backupper server 2.0.2 - hence, just wanted to know whether the functionality of backupper scheduled backups working on its own on server after booting (without necessary login) - is it expected soon OR conversely, how soon can we expect this feature inclusion if we go ahead and purchase the said software now itself.

thanks in advance.

• Our dev team are still working on the issue. Once there is any update, I will tell you immediately.

• Thanks admin - we would be proceeding with our purchase this week.

However, one more point noticed recently - which i am sharing here - as not sure whether we are trying out something incorrectly OR may be it merits your attention:

Till now we have been trying out 2.0.2 server edition with one backup task scheduled for our server couple of times a days (which saves the backups to an external harddisk attached directly to the server)- and it is working perfectly fine (including exploring image etc.). Recently we added another couple of backup tasks to our trial software installation - in which we scheduled to backup some PCs also over the network to this same external harddisk connected to our server. (a related point - server backup is scheduled as "Partition Backup - Incremental" while the newly added tasks are "Files & Folder - Incremental").

Thus, it now seems to us that probably because the newly added PC backup tasks over the network were taking place relatively slowly (unlike server backups which take place quickly - as the external harddisk is connected to server directly and not over a network) - BUT more importantly it appears that because the over-the-network backup task took so much time that it was still ongoing and it overlapped the start time of a scheduled server incremental backup too - and thus, the server incremental back-up of that particular time did not take place (this we realised when we browsed the external harddisk contents later) - and this happened MAYBE because another backup task was on at that time (this is OUR ASSUMPTION) - and this is what we seek clarity / advise for - whether something amiss OR did we do something incorrect?

thanks in advance.

• Hi ndel,

We are analyzing this problem, once there are any updates, I will let you know.